Looking for something quick, easy and delicious? When it’s hot out, the last thing you want to do is heat up the oven, and in turn, heat up your house. Turn on the grill and throw together some chicken kabobs with your favorite low carb veggies and you’ve got something tasty. Be creative and use whatever veggies that you prefer. Here’s how I made the kabobs this time around.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Sweet bell peppers (green, yellow, orange or red)
- 1/4 red onion
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Italian seasonings, to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts into big chunks.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds, rinse and then cut into good size pieces.
- Alternate the ingredients onto each of the 4 skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for a good period of time to keep the skewers from burning up on the grill.
- Brush each skewer with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and italian seasonings.
- Place skewers on a hot grill. About every five minutes, turn skewers to grill on all sides.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from grill, let rest for a few minutes – then enjoy!
1 skewer = 4 net carbs