One of the things I really miss on a low carb diet is potato salad. It is especially missed when having the traditional BBQ on a long 3-day weekend. My mom’s potato salad is absolutely delicious, so I decided to experiment and see how it came out using cauliflower instead of potatoes. I was amazed at how delicious this tasted! I’ll be making this again for sure. I’ll have to even try making it for my mom to see what she thinks.
Egg “Potato” Salad
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped in small chunks
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped including most of the green top part
- 2 celery stalks, diced small
- Lawry’s Seasoning Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Steam the cauliflower until tender and put in large mixing bowl.
- Separate the hard-boiled egg whites from the yolks.
- Add chopped hard-boiled egg whites, red onion, green onion and celery to mixing bowl with cauliflower.
- Chop up the hard-boiled egg yolks and add the mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to the other ingredients and mix well.
Makes approx. 8 servings
1 serving = 3 net carbs