I love artichokes! I think they are absolutely delicious and such a treat. After having a grilled artichoke at Bella Bru, I decided that they can’t be that difficult to make, so I gave it a shot and they turned out delicious, so I had to share.
- Prepare the artichokes by cutting off the top and trimming the pointed parts of the leaves.
- Fill a pot with water and add a little lemon juice.
- Add the artichokes and bring to a boil.
- After 45 minutes, the artichokes should be pretty tender. Pull the artichokes out and set aside to cool.
- Once the artichokes are cool, cut each artichoke in half and scoop out the choke (the inedible fuzzy-like center).
- Brush each side of the artichoke with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the artichokes on a hot grill face down. After about 5 minutes, flip the artichokes and grill for another 5 minutes. Pull off the grill and enjoy!
Curious about the proper way to eat an artichoke? The Etiquette Scholar gives us the answer.
1 medium artichoke = 4 net carbs