In an attempt to get myself prepared for the week ahead, I decided to whip up some low carb breakfast egg muffins. These are simple, easy and make such a huge difference in prep for the week to be able to just “grab and go” with an easy breakfast option.
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 1 cup chopped spinach (frozen)
- 6 turkey sausage links (pre-cooked)
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- Season to taste. I used Jane’s Krazy Mixed-Up Salt (my fave seasoning!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat up frozen spinach per microwave directions.
- Heat up frozen turkey sausage links per microwave directions and chop.
- Add spinach, sausage, cottage cheese and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin tins with egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.
1 Breakfast Egg Muffin = 1.2 net carbs per serving
Tip: Add a small bit of shredded cheese on the top 5 minutes before done for extra flavor.