Earlier this week it was cold and rainy and just seemed like a perfect time to make low carb chili. I’ve made this recipe a few times and it just comes out tasting super delicious every time I make it. Give it a try and see what you think.
- 1 quart water
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- 6-8 oz Mushrooms, chopped
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- Brown meat, drain off fat.
- Chop onion and green pepper and sauté.
- Chop mushrooms (or buy pre-chopped package) and sauté.
- Add sautéed onion, green pepper, mushrooms and all remaining ingredients to the beef.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer 2 hours.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped green onions on top.
Makes 6 servings.
1 serving = 8.5 net carbs per serving