My friend K found this great recipe for these tasty little muffins. These are delicious and perfect when you want to have something other than eggs for breakfast. The original recipe called for a 1/4 cup of flour, but that was eliminated to keep it lower in carbs. You could use soy flour if you feel the need, but we found that it really wasn’t needed.
- 1 cup plain cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup almonds, very finely ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin pan with 12 paper baking cups.
- Put the cottage cheese into a bowl with all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and mix all together.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups and sprinkle each with the remaining Parmesan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes 12 muffins.
1 muffin = 4.5 net carbs